Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default remove dashed line under address line in word document

Run that one by me again!

If I have a document with autocorrections I have just made, they have smart
tags.
If I save and close and re-open the document those autocorrections now no
longer have smart tags.

If I send it to someone else are you saying they can see those smart tags?

It offers up some intriguing possibilities.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
news
The tags aren't saved in the document, but if the recipient has Smart
Tags enabled, their recognizer will show the tags just as if they had
been saved. A distinction without a difference...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:26:26 -0000, "Tony Jollans" My Forename at My
Surname dot com wrote:

Autocorrection (and most other) Smart Tags are not saved with the

document.
Once it's been closed they won't be there.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
justlearning wrote:
I need to attach a letter from word to an e-mail and I don't want any
auto-corrections to show. At the top of the letter, I have an
address line. There's a red dashed line under the address and I can't
figure out how to disable it. Just looks unprofessional, you know?!
Thanks for the help.

That line probably indicates that the address is recognized by a "Smart
Tag". If you hover the mouse over the address, do you get a small

square
with the i-in-circle "information" symbol? Clicking on that square will
display a dropdown menu of actions the Smart Tag can do.

You can turn off the display of Smart Tags for yourself in Tools
AutoCorrect Options Smart Tags. If you send the document to someone

else
and they have Smart Tags enabled, though, they'll still see the

underline
(but presumably that's the way they're used to seeing it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup