Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default "Lost" Word docs

Hi Beth:

Yeah: Take it away! And bring back the old mechanism that used to work.

If we must, rename the useless one to "Change logging." Because that's what
it does: it logs the changes to a file. But only if the file has already
been saved :-)

Cheers

On 16/1/07 2:55 PM, in article , "Beth
Melton" wrote:

The option was called AutoSave at one point then it was changed to "Save
AutoRecover information". Do you have a suggestion that could help make it
more clear?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ:
http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"roybaylis" wrote in message
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
To think for years I have been relying on this - to no avail.
Ignorance is NOT (now) bliss!!!
Why don't Microsoft make this clearer?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no "autosave" in Word. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

so
all may benefit.

"roybaylis" wrote in message
I have recently lost some Word docs, despite having autosave set to 1
minute.
Journal was switched off, so no joy there.
Any ideas?!
Thanks a million.
Roy

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410