Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Fixed Width Font

Fixed space fonts usually take up more space than proportionally spaced
fonts. Your problem seems to be aligning numbers and you are using a fixed
space font as a workaround. Can't you use the numbering button to create
aligned figures? There is also a decimal tab which works even when using
whole numbers. What are you trying to do? There is probably a better solution
than using a fixed space font, and they are generally not very nice looking
anyway.
--
Rae Drysdale

"ArthurJ" wrote:

Thanks Rae. But I'll need one that is fairly common. The application will be
used on many different PCs. Maybe Courier New is the only "common" fixed
width font. Darn. Sure makes it hard to create nicely aligned columnar
numbers in tight spaces.

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

I have one on my system which appears to be fixed called Consolas. Not sure
where I got it though.
--
Rae Drysdale

"ArthurJ" wrote:

I need a common fixed width font that is narrow. Something much narrower than
Courier New. I have been using Arial Narrow but it is not fixed width.

Any suggestions?

Art