Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default Mail Merge Not Picking All Up data

In using a template someone gave me, I noticed that not all the Excel data
was being included in the Word merge. The Excel data's first column was the
first names of employees and this column seemed to be a hyperlink to their
RSVP Outlook message. (Apparently, in Outlook you can set it up so that
column names (guests) (their names were not hyperlinked) and inserted them
into the 1st and 2nd columns.

Why were some names not included. I ended up having to manually check off
each outputted tent card.

Baffling

On a second Excel database, I copy/pasted it to a Word table, then
manipulated the second column of names so that they were in the first column.
Then performed the merge to a label and, again, I noticed not all were being
picked up.

What was I doing wrong?
--
Janet A.