Shakeel Akhtar Shakeel Akhtar is offline
Junior Member

Using the following VBA I can save the documents as Test 1, Test 2 etc.

I want to find out if I can use the name of the merge field in the VBA to refer to combined Mergefields.

Also what code do I need to add to bring up a message box to allow me to choose where to save the documents?

Thanks

Sub SaveIndividualMailMergeDocumnets()
'
' SaveIndividualMailMergeDocumnets Macro
'
'Sub BreakOnSection()
'Used to set criteria for moving through the document by section.
Application.Browser.Target = wdBrowseSection

'A mailmerge document ends with a section break next page.
'Subtracting one from the section count stop error message.
For i = 1 To ((ActiveDocument.Sections.Count) - 1)

'Select and copy the section text to the clipboard
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Section").Range.Copy

'Create a new document to paste text from clipboard.
Documents.Add
Selection.Paste

'Removes the break that is copied at the end of the section, if any.
Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend
Selection.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1

ChangeFileOpenDirectory "C:\"
DocNum = DocNum + 1
ActiveDocument.SaveAs fileName:="Test_" & DocNum & ".docx"
ActiveDocument.Close
'Move the selection to the next section in the document
Application.Browser.Next
Next i
ActiveDocument.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
End Sub