Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do i put page numbers on alternating left then right margins .

A new section for every page?? The mind boggles... Nooo!

If your document only has one page so far, go to the end and press
Ctrl+Enter to insert a hard page break temporarily.

Right-click in the header area on page 1 and click Edit Header. The
Header & Footer Tools tab appears on the ribbon. Check the box in the
Options group for Different Odd & Even Pages. Notice that the blue tag
on the header now says "Odd Page Header" -- this is the header for all
right-side pages.

On the ribbon, click the Page Number button, click Top of Page, and
choose one of the items in the gallery that shows a page number on the
right.

Now click the Next Section button (something of a misnomer, because
it will go to the Even Page Header of the same section). Click the
Page Number button, Top of Page, and this time choose a left-side page
number.

Close the header, and delete the temporary page break if you made one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:21:01 -0800, Seabird
wrote:

In Word 2007 How do I insert page numbers on the left margin on left-side
pages, right margin on right-side pages in booklet. Do I have to create a new
section for every page? Thanks!