Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebecca Morris

Default how do I create a "file, new" macro in XP?

THANK YOU!

"Carol" wrote:

To open templates without going to File | New:

Select Tools | Customize...
Activate the Commands tab (if necessary)
Select "All Commands" in the list of Categories on the left hand side.
Select FileNewDialog in the list of Commands on the right hand side.
Drag this to a convenient locaiton on your toolbar.
Right-click the new toolbar button, and modify it as desired - you can
change its caption, style, etc.
Close the Customize dialog when you're done.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Rebecca Morris" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and I would like to create a macro (I think that's the
right word) for a shortcut for going to file, new, like the older versions on
Word would do. I have done this before on another computer but I can't find
the directions and I can't override the normals on this new computer just to
get the macro. I searched before posting but couldn't find the answer.

Help, anyone? Thanks!