Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word file open/save stops responding

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. If you have Windows XP, check the box
for "Show updates" so the hotfix will be listed.

"Howdego" wrote in message
Suzanne,
Looks like I have the same problem, and your solution seems a lot better
than the registry mumbo jumbo in the Microsoft memo. But, could you tell

me
how to remove the 908531 update. I have never run into this before.

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try uninstalling the 908531 update and wait for the revised version to

be
available next Tuesday.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"janetb" wrote in message
When using file open or file save, Word/Excel both stop responding.

Have
no
network shares mapped. Installed registry key according to kb918165.
Repaired Office XP professional. Uninstalled and reinstalled. When

trying
to open option tools and modify file save setting, application hangs

also.

Cannot use Office right now. Really could use some help.

Thanks,
Janet