Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default adding a watermark deletes the header - help?

You'll need the watermark to be in the header view of each of the sections
you require it to appear. If it is going to conflict with a header, you can
always put it in the footer or vice versa. A watermark is simply a (pale)
graphic set behind the text.

faerie_bel wrote:
I have a document with 5 sections in it. It also has an odd page/even
page header which is consistent throughout sections 2 to 5. I need to
add a "Draft" watermark to the entire document. The problem is that
when I do this (using Format -- Background etc), Word deletes my
header in sections 3, 4 and 5 of the document.

I don't know why this is happening, as I have done this scenario
successfully in other, similarly formatted documents.

Do I need to manually add my watermark to each page of the document
or is there a way around this that I don't know about? :-)

Thanks in advance!