Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Word 2007 Footers

Thanks but the problem is that if you record your own footer, when it is
inserted it then has the paragraph symbol after your recorded footer plus an
extra one below pushing the footer up. I want to replace the paragraph
symbol that always sits in a header or footer with my own header and footer.
Even if I delete the extra paragraph symbol and record the footer again, it
puts it back in. Changing the paragraph spacing to a minus setting only
pushes the footer up further.
--
Thanks.
Chris

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Chris,

You can't have something in a header or footer that lacks a paragraph mark. As with any other paragraph, though, you can format such
a paragraph's leading & trailing space settings (best done by defining an appropriate paragraph Style and using that).

--
Cheers
macropod

"Chris" wrote in message news
Everytime you insert a footer into a Word document, it adds a paragraph
symbol which raises the footer on the page. Does anyone know of a way to
stop this. I can write a macro in VBA which I could then access from the
Developer tab but I would prefer to have users select footer from the Insert
tab and not have an extra paragraph symbol. I have looked at modifying
ribbons in Word 2007 but it seems, that even with an additional program, I
can't add a button to the Insert ribbon. I would be grateful for any
suggestions.
--
Thanks.
Chris