Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Different odd headers within different odd and even; Word 2003

To add the current heading, at a particular level, you can make use of a
STYLEREF field in the header. For heading 1, use { STYLEREF 1 }. That'll
be easier than cross-references, because you don't have to create a new
section for each new heading.

Similarly, you can use { STYLEREF 2 } for level 2 headings.

To insert the field(s), you can use Insert | Field.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-11-07 11:32, tigra1411 wrote:
Hello!

I'm trying to set different odd headers after I've already separated my
document section-wise and set in each section different 1st page and
different odd and even header.
So what I want: to have as every even page header the section's Heading
1 (as a cross-reference) - that-s pretty easy. But I can not manage to
set as every odd page header the section Headings 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 (as a
cross-reference) and so on, which would be different within one section,
depending on where I inserted them.
(I know it should be possible since I have as an example someone's else
document with this kind of header settings.)