Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
infohwyman infohwyman is offline

Default numbering

Jezebel, I think what she needs is to setup a document the way she wants it
to look by default, and save it as a template, so when you start a new doc,
you start with that saved template, and you will start with the numbering
ready to go.
When you start a new document, if you do not specify, you will end up with
the normal.dot, which is a blank template and should be left that way.
So structure a doc the way you basically want it, like if you want an
outline with an intro paragraph, then a blank ten item list, just create
that, and then save it as a .dot file but name it what you want to so you can
find it later in the list.
--
++++++++James Williams++++++++
====Technical Writer/Instructor===

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can define your styles however you like, including with numbering.

"Wessel" wrote in message
I want a default numbering when I open a document. I do not even want to
switch the numbering on. It must be their. How do I set this up?