Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Daiya Mitchell

Default Replacing style of the first word of a paragraph only

Hi Alejandro,

You did say that the word you need to apply the style to already has a
different font from the rest, right? Because that should work, if those
words are the only ones formatted in that font--I hadn't tested it before
but I just did and it works here (MacWord 2004).

However, in the Replace box, the style you choose *must* be a character
style (denoted by underscored "a"), not a paragraph style (denoted by ¶ in
the list in the Style dialog).

If you use a paragraph style for the Replace setting, then the entire
paragraph does change. But it works if you use a character style, and a
character style is what you want for dictionary-style headings anyhow.

Is your DefinedStyle a paragraph or a character style?

On 11/21/05 9:12 AM, "homeologica" wrote:

Thanks Daiya:

Your procedure format all paragraph instead the first word (Tahoma 11pt)

This word must appear in each page heading.

Alejandro Fernandez

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/