Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James

Default Merging data with INSERTTEXT and MERGEFIELDs

text boxes are in the graphics layer of the document, the merge will not
see the
fields they contain.

The thing is that it works in the main part of the document, if I include a
link to a document with the text boxes in, then perform a mail merge it
works. It pulls in the text boxes, retains their fields and then merges the
data. It even works in the header if I dont include it from another document.
But when I try to include the text boxes into the header, it drops the fields.