Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Xylophone Xylophone is offline

Default Word 2003 docs - 'wings' - getting rid of permanently

I use Word 2003 on a XP machine. Every time I open a new Word doc, I get
'wings' attached to the cursor which drives me mad. I can get rid of them
by going into Options/Edit and unclicking Click and Type. But they come
back when I open the next new doc, when Click and Type is ticked again. How
can I get unclicking Click and Type to stick, so that this problem is solved
permanently? I imagine a registry adjustment would do the trick. Thanks.