Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Xylophone Xylophone is offline

Default Word 2003 docs - 'wings' - getting rid of permanently

Re Stefan's registry adjustment, I find in Regedit (I run Word 2003 as part
of Office 2003), I have variously Word 8, 10, 11 and 12. All except 12 have
'Word/Data' as an entry, as described in Stefan's article. So which one or
ones do I delete?

Why should this resolve my 'wings' problem - because this is a problem in my
'Word/Data/Settings?

If I delete that entry, I assume I will have to reset Word from afresh to my
preferred settings. Is that correct?

Are there any dangers in deleting the registry entry?

Thanks

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You could try deleting the Data key in the registry. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/missingmenusetc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xylophone" wrote:

I use Word 2003 on a XP machine. Every time I open a new Word doc, I

get
'wings' attached to the cursor which drives me mad. I can get rid of

them
by going into Options/Edit and unclicking Click and Type. But they come
back when I open the next new doc, when Click and Type is ticked again.

How
can I get unclicking Click and Type to stick, so that this problem is

solved
permanently? I imagine a registry adjustment would do the trick.

Thanks.