Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laetitia

Default merged field to hyperlink

I apologise. I was not using F9 to do the update. Thank you for your help.
Laetitia

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In that case, I don't know why this isn't working. Did you F9 to update the
field?

"Laetitia" wrote in message
I used field braces using Ctrl+F9.
Laetitia

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you use a Mail Merge toolbar button to insert the merge field? If

not,
did you insert the field braces using Ctrl+F9?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Laetitia" wrote in message
I can toggle the field but I get WebAddress underlined, which is the

name
of
the merged field and not the real address like http://www.bbc.co.uk/

for
example) and when I click the link nothing happens.
Laetitia

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Links are not generally clickable while the field code is displayed,

think, so you may just need to toggle fields. But if you're using

Word
2002
or 2003, you must also press Ctrl while clicking (unless you disable
this
option on the Edit tab of Tools | Options).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Laetitia" wrote in message
I am trying to merge a web address to a word document and show it

as
an
hyperlink. I have tried to do {HYPERLINK {MERGEFIELD WebAddress}}

and
after
the merge it comes up as {HYPERLINK http://www.bbc.co.uk/} but it

does
not
work. I have also tried to double quotes {HYPERLINK "{MERGEFIELD
WebAddress}" } but it still did not take me to the website. Any

help
would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Laetitia