Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Default Header and footer on first page only

David,
Have you tried using the "Different first page" option?
On the Header and Footer toolbar, click on the Page Setup button - choose
Layout tab - under Headers and Footers section check the box for "Different
first page", then click OK.
Also if you want some extra info on creating letterheads and using headers
and footers in them go he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"David" schreef in bericht
Hi

I'm trying to write a business letter. My logo and date and reference etc
are all in the header on the first page. I obviously don't want these to
appear on every page [although I'd like the footer to do so if possible].
As far as I can see, the only way to do this is to wait until my typing
gets to the bottom of the page and then manually insert a section break,
making the header in the new section different from the last section. But
I seem to have to do this for every page!

How do I do this?

Its seems to me to be such a fundamental requirement and yet I can't even
find anything on it in help. Good old MS, making everything too
complicated as usual and ignoring basic requirements.

Thansk for your help.