Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HYEL ISSEJ

Default Save As File Name Drop Down List

Found this in the help topics:

Show or hide the list of recently used documents on the File menu
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
Select or clear the Recently used file list check box.
When the Recently used file list check box is selected, you can specify the
number of recently used files that appear on the File menu.

Hope it solves your problem!

"merc1998" wrote:

Hi,
I have a real doozy. When I do a "save as" in microsoft, at the right side
of the "file name:" box there is a drop down list of recent file names. Does
anyone know how to erase this this of file names?
Thanks!