Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FF/PM FF/PM is offline

Default How do I make text wrap a shape

Thanks!

Yeah, weird... but it's for a "What I Got for Chrismtas" thing.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word doesn't have any built-in way to do this. Your best bet is to freehand
a Christmas tree shape (what that is is up to you--anything from a simple
triangle to something more elaborate) using the drawing tools, then center
the text in Word and insert line breaks (Shift+Enter) as needed to conform
to the shape, which can be deleted when you're done. If you have good visual
skills, you can imagine the Christmas tree shape as you type. But isn't it a
bit late for Christmas tree shapes?

"FF/PM" wrote in message
My kid needs to write a poem that is in the shape of a Christmas Tree. The
poem is 13 words, and it needs to follow the outline of a tree. Not as

fill,
but follow the lines. How do I make Word do this? I figured out how to use
text boxes, but that seems very clumsy, and isn't coming out that good.

Thanks!