View Single Post
Old March 14th 05, 11:40 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill
external usenet poster
Posts: n/a

Don't even try to "replace" a section break; just change it. On the Layout
tab of Page Setup, change the section start type. You must have in the
insertion point in the affected section (that is, after the section break).

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site:
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JMMerrick" wrote in message
In Word 2002 I have a Section Break (odd) that I wish to replace with a
Section Break (Next Page). I've tried inserting a Section Break (Next

both before and after the Section Break (odd) and then highlighting and
deleting the Section Break (odd), but the Section Break (Next Page) is

what dissappears. Is there a way to replace one section break type with
another without reformatting the section?