Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Resetting Emphasis style in DOCX document

See my other reply for a way to do this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John" wrote in message

On the right side which uses Normal.dotm, I only see four styles.
Emphasis was not one of them. So how can I have Normal.dotm display all
the
styles so I can see Emphasis and copy it over to MyDocx?

"KMac" wrote:

If it is correct in Normal.dotm, then make sure you are in the document
you
want to copy to, open the Styles pane and click on Manage Styles (it's
the
third box at the bottom right) and then click on Import/Export (at bottom
left) and then you should see all the styles in your Normal.dotm. Select
the
style in the "Normal.dotm" window on the right side and then click Copy
in
the middle and it will copy to the document you are currently working in.
Hope this works for you.

"John" wrote:

Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP3

Problem: Resetting Emphasis style in DOCX document

In my DOCX document called MyDocx, the built-in Emphasis style has both
bold
and italic. However, a new document shows Emphasis as only italic.
Therefore,
I assume the built-in Emphasis style was changed in my DOCX document
somehow,
but is correct in Normal.dotm. Therefore, I wanted to copy the
Normal.dotm
Emphasis style to my MyDocx.

Using the Organizer, I saw that Normal.dotm only shows a few styles.
Emphasis was not one of them. So how can I have Normal.dotm display all
the
styles so I can see Emphasis and copy it over to MyDocx?

I also tried using Automatically Update Document Styles check box in
the
Templates And Add-Ins dialog box assuming that the Emphasis from
Normal.dotm
with only italic would be automatically transferred to MyDocx making it
italic only. That did not work for some unknown reason.

Thanks in advance