WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: My tab key won't indent my bullets,

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with indenting your bullets in Microsoft Word. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.
  1. First, make sure that you have selected the text that you want to indent. If you haven't selected the text, the tab key will just move the cursor to the next tab stop.
  2. Next, check to see if you have the correct bullet style selected. To do this, click on the bullet button in the Home tab of the ribbon. If you don't see the bullet button, click on the Paragraph group launcher (the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the group) to expand the group.
  3. Once you have the bullet button selected, click on the drop-down arrow next to it to see the available bullet styles. Choose the one that you want to use.
  4. Now, try hitting the tab key to indent your bullet. If it still doesn't work, try using the Increase Indent button instead. This button is located in the Paragraph group of the Home tab, and looks like an arrow pointing to the right.
  5. If none of these steps work, it's possible that there is a formatting issue with your document. Try copying and pasting the text into a new document and see if the problem persists.

I hope this helps you get your bullets indented properly!