Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default I want to sort mail merge recipients by Outlook Categories

You probably have not executed the merge. Follow the links at the bottom of
the article at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Or turn on the display of the Mail Merge Toolbar (via ViewToolbars in Word)
and then click on the appropriate button at the right hand end of the
toolbar (Merge to Printer or Merge to New Document). I would suggest the
latter initially just to check that you are getting what you want.

If you are using Word 2007, you can add the necessary buttons to complete
the merge to the QAT.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Greg in Portland" Greg in wrote in
message ...
I've been trying to do this same thing. I followed all the steps
carefully. I
highlighted all the contacts in the category view, selected tools then
mail
merge, selected labels, selected the appropriate template in the "mail
merge
helper" window, as well as confirming the data file is loaded there. Then,
when I select "close", I get a word template with all the proper fields
and
divider lines, but the data never loads--the Word document label fields
just
stay empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website