Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word is acting weird how do i restore it to normal?

Presuming you have Word 2007 (?), Word Options, Advanced, 'Show Drawing and
Text Boxes on Screen'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"meloncolly1" wrote in message

Im trying to update my CV using word and its not showing the text box i
added (its shows up fine in print preview). It just says:

{shape /*mergeformat}

I tried to open some other documents and links etc have turned into
similar gobbledy gook. How can i return the document editing screen to
normal so that i can see my work as i go along.

Id be grateful for any advice and if you need to know more info from me
please please ask.

Kind regards

--
meloncolly1