Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Formatting Table Cell margins

I realize, however, that I made a mistake in this: the Vertical Alignment
command was in fact introduced in Word 97, so you should be able to center
cells vertically. I recall now that that was one of the main reasons I was
eager to upgrade to Word 97. Then Word 2000 made a hash of the cell
alignment issue, which generated the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nmentProbs.htm.

"megadari" wrote in message
On May 11, 7:11 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Table Properties was introduced in Word 2000. In Word 97, you'll have to
create the left and right cell margins with the "distance between columns"
(on the Columns tab of Table | Cell Height and Width), and there's no
provision at all for cell padding top and bottom, nor is it possible to
center cells vertically.

Thank you for the data.

Pat