Margaret Aldis

In Word 2000 and later you can set the position of the table to "float". Use
Table Table Properties to set the text wrapping to "Around". Then click
the Positioning button and set the position relative to the page or margins
(Move with text Off). (Pre Word 2000 you can do the same thing with the
table within a frame.)

If the table runs over two pages, you may need to split it manually in order
to position the part on the second page as you want it.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"*((({" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to create templates for some commonly used legal forms,
such as Summons, Subpoena, etc. Some of these forms are two pages.

I have scanned the forms and put the image into the header. I have
created some tables, using the draw-table tool. The idea is for the
user to type in the cells to "fill-in" the information. Then print.
So the tables and cells have to stay in a permanent position, to match
the underlying graphic.

I'm having trouble getting the cells & tables to stay where I want
them. How to I lock them down?

Using Word 2000.

Thanks!

*(((({