I can't explain why this is happening, but rather than try to get it right
the first time (deleting breaks can cause unexpected results), sometimes
it's just easier to change the section start type (Layout tab of Page
Setup).

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
And you are using the following command sequence:

Insert - Break

There are several choices for a break. Maybe you want a "Next Page"
section break instead of a continuous one.

Yes, I know. As I mentioned, I was inserting an Odd Page break; ie,
Insert-Break, select the "Odd Page" option, click OK.
When I end up with is a _continuous_ break. It's very weird.

P.