Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Page Set Up

The ability of Word to print to the edge of the page is determined by the
current printer driver. If you set the margins to zero you will get an error
message asking you if you wish to fix the margins. What the driver fixes
them to is the limit available. Do however check that the printer and page
setup are using the same paper size and that there is no scaling set in the
print dialog.

dande wrote:
Help again, please, for this ageing non-techno!

I am trying to produce an A4 poster but however I change the margins
in Page Set Up, I am still left with a wide 3cm margin at the bottom
of the page. The copy looks fine on screen and in Print Preview but
when I print, there's the margin which makes the whole thing look
unbalnced. The copy goes almost to the top of the page, it's the
bottom where there's a problem.

I am printing on HP Photosmart 4200 Series, by the way.

Many thanks