Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default How do I unlock Word 2007?

Hello,

I need your help because when I try to type anything on Microsoft Word the
text will not show up on the blank document and at the bottom it says "This
modification is not allowed because the selection is locked". I would please
like your help.

Thanks,
Cindy

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lesli818" wrote:

That worked, thank you.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What happens if you rename the Normal template (normal.dotm), with Word
closed, and then start Word again?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lesli818" wrote:

I have Word 2007 installed on my computer, but for some reason, it's not
working. I am not able to type or edit anything at all. When I try to, the
message reads, "This modification is not allowed because the selection is
locked". I cannot open anything else in Word Options besides the resources
tab, and when I click, activate, it tells me that I have already activated
the program. I cannot do anything, even though my copy of Word is registered
and activated. I really need help!!!!