Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GSalisbury GSalisbury is offline

Default Inserting an Entire PDF into a Word 2007 Document

"Jerry" wrote in message
I've been given what seems to be an impossible task. I'm hoping somebody
can
help me make it work.

I am trying to create a Word document that will have three attachments.
The
material that needs to be in the attachments is only available in three
PDF
files (from a different company), with 48 pages, 42 pages, and 66 pages,
respectively. Unfortunately, due to government contract limitations, I do
not
have access to the original Word files from which the other company
created
these PDFs.

I know I could save the PDFs as JPEGs, and then insert 156 separate JPEG
files, one for each page, resized appropriately, but that's going to make
HUGE Word file, and is going to be extremely labor intensive.

I know I could create a PDF of my word file and then use my Acrobat suite
insert the PDFs in the appropriate locations, but my boss wants to be able
view the document in Word.

I've tried the "Insert Text from File" option, but that won't let me
insert
text from a PDF.

Are there any other options I'm missing?

Thanks.

Jerry

Well I have Nuance's Omnipage and PDF Converter et. al. installed and when I
right-clicked on a .PDF File a Convert PDF/XPS Option is offered and it, in
turn, has a As Document to Microsoft Word (plus others) as an Option. I did
it and a Word Doc opened and I could change stuff.

Maybe you can go that route (or google for a free equivalent.)

--
Geo. Salisbury
Long Valley, NJ