Daiya Mitchell

The general feature you need to use is a cross-reference--that is, in the
second table you would create the number by Inserting a Cross-Reference to
the appropriate place in the first table.

I'm not quite clear on what you are doing, nor how Numbering is "bullets",
but I think if you experiment with the Cross-Reference feature you will
figure it out.

On 9/2/05 8:40 AM, "darby" wrote:

Simple example of what I'm trying to accomplish-

I have two tables - one after the other. I have 1, 2 , 3, etc. in the first
column and periodic Notes that I include in the second table - so for
instance I'll add a second table with a row item including Notes for the
above number 2 (or rather first column will also contain the number 2).

In the first table I have Numbering (bullets) in the first column - so when
I delete a column it auto renumbers all the rows.

Is there a way to tie the number '2' (of first table) to the number '2' on
the second table, to where if I delete row number 1 (from the first table) it
changes number 2 on the second table to number 1, since number 2 now becomes
number 1 on the table above?

Thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word