Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Legalese Legalese is offline

Default Text is hidden as you type in a cell in a table

I have had a weird problem since Word 2007 was installed. No one else in my
office has this happen. As I type in a table, the whole cell goes
progressively darker (blue) so that I can no longer see what I have typed. I
have to double click my mouse to get rid of the dark blue background which
completely hides the text. But then, as soon as I type in the cell again, it
starts all over. It is frustrating like you wouldn't believe--I want to tear
my hair out! I use tables a lot (e.g., labels) and every time I type in one,
the same thing happens. It is not just for new tables created in Word 2007,
either. Tables created in Word 2003 and opened in Word 2007 do the same
thing. I have reviewed all the settings I can see and nothing seems to
address this problem. If anyone has had this problem and has a fix, please
help!