Marc Hawes

Default Is there a way to swap text?

Jay

I would really like to do this too. I would only be delaing with plain text
in the document. Ideally I would like to highlight text and have a macro to
delete the remaining text that was left. How could I do that?

Many thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

That's the short answer. :-) To be more complete, it would be possible to
write a macro to do something like that, but making sure that it operated
"correctly" in all circumstances -- transferring selections with different
styles, non-text objects, selections in headers/footers/comments, etc. --
would be a lot more work than I'd care to put into it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel wrote:
No.

"Nina" wrote in message
Could I highlight the selected text and then hit a "swap" button and
then highlight the other selected text that I want to swap with, and
then finally hit the "swap" button again and effectively switch the
text? This would eliminate the having to cut and paste twice.