Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justin Jayjohn Justin Jayjohn is offline

Default word 2007 and grammar check

I have a user that is having issues with grammar check & word 2007.
She is having the issue related to contract documents she is to
prepare etc. Every time she runs spell check on one of these
documents, she is getting the message a language pack needs
installed. One time it might ask for french, another time brazil.
She gets these documents from several different users. I even loaded
one of the documents on my computer, ran spell check got the same
message. I also sent this document to the rest of my team, most people were
prompted for the brazil language pack. I originally tried removing the
"detect language
automatically" option that was checked. I have found out that I can
change this on one document. Another document can have this box
checked. I performed the following trouble shooting to this point:
-ran detect/repair
-ran chkdsk /f - to fix any file corruption
-defragged the hard drive
-installed office sp2 and updates
-completed reinstalled the entire Office 2007 suite

None of the above steps have worked to resolve this issue. Does
anyone have any other ideas of what to try or what might be causing
the issue?