Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
drumz drumz is offline

Default How to add functionality to a a colum of cells in a table Word

Thanks for your reply. I figured out that by adding a formula in the sum cell
=sum(d1:d5) and it works. I put formatting for the cells where I enter a
numeral but was wondering if I needed a formula in those cells too.
Because right now, I have to hit the formula button for the sum cell to
update. Where I was hoping that after moving off an entry cell that the sum
cell would automatically populate.

Thanks for your help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You certainly don't need this add-in just to total a column of figures in a
table. You just need a SUM formula field; you can use SUM(ABOVE) if there
are no empty cells, and this is the default formula if you click the Formula
button in a cell at the bottom of a column of figures. The Formula button is
at the far right end of the Ribbon when you are displaying the Table Tools |
Layout tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"drumz" wrote in message
I was using a template for ayear or more that after adding numbers to a
cells
in a row a cell would show the total of those cells. Now that I have
Office
2007 when I try to open this file I had saved as a template in Word 2003 I
get the prompt that OfficeReady 3.0 needs to be installed. OfficeReady 3.0
is
for Word 2K (tried installing but doesn't work) so I need to figure out
how
to add that functionality to this doc and save it as a template.

Thanks in advance!