Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default object types completely missing in MSWord Insert Object list box

Did you try scrolling down in the Insert Object list box? Some users have
reported that there are numerous totally blank entries at the top, with
actual entries appearing below.

"normally pretty pc savvy..." normally pretty pc
wrote in message
I'm trying to insert an equation into my Word 2003 document. I have
installed Equation Editor to 'Run from my computer'. When I go to the
'Insert' 'Object' on the 'Create New' tab, there are no object types at

all
listed in the list box. I see the same thing in Excel also. How do I get
Word, Excel, etc. to recognize objects that can be inserted and in

particular
Equation Editor objects?

Thank you!