Charles Kenyon

BTW, when asking a question that is only tangentially related to the
original, it is best to start a new thread rather than apply. Your question
has nothing to do with a UPC bar code.

As far as I know:

1) The post office doesn't have a preference. The ones the post office
prints on envelopes end up between the last line and the edge of the
envelope. Like you, I prefer it there.

2) The only way I know of to get it there is to create your own envelope
template and use that. The bar code is simply a field. I have such a
template, which uses macrobutton fields when used manually. It will work
with a macro I've written for a three line address from my letterhead
template, as well. I haven't matched the proficiency of the envelopes and
labels wizard for spotting addresses.

You can find good sample envelope templates on Graham Mayor's site.

Hope this helps,
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"davek" wrote in message
I am trying to put the "POSTNET bar code" or "delivery Point Barcode" on
the
bottom of the envelope under the address instead of on top of the address.
see no options for doing this in word 97 or word 2003. The post office
prefers to have this barcode across the bottom of the envelope. Is there a
way to set this as default in word 97/2003 options. I have moved the {
BARCODE ENV_ZIPCODE4\b \u } using ALT-F9 but this would be a pain in the
rear if you had to do this everytime to add the [ "POSTNET bar code" or
"delivery Point Barcode" ] to an envelope. There sure seems like this
would
be a definable option you could set and use as a default. Any help would
be
appreciated
Dave

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Hi Eric.

Word has only US Postnet code capability built in.

You have two choices: get a font that creates bar codes when applied to
the numbers/letters, or use a program or ActiveX control to create the
codes. Use Google to search for the terms 'upc code word' (without
quotes) -- the first screenful from about 80,000 hits will take you where
you need to go.

--
Jay Freedman

"Eric Jeppesen" wrote:

I'm trying to insert UPC bar codes into a word document, and have only
found how to insert USPS Zip Codes onto an envelope. Can anyone direct
me to a solution?
Thanks.
--
Eric