Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default create date & templates

How will this help? You'll still have the date the template was saved (which
is very likely the same date on which it was created).

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Please ignore this request. I've just figured out what I did wrong. I

should
have chosen 'save date' fiedl and not 'create date' field.
--

Many thanks
JD

"Jackie D" wrote:

I'm creating a template in Word 2003. In the footer, I want to insert

create
date field. When I've done this before, each new template begins with a

date
of zero (00:00:00). When I save and name it to create a document, the

current
date is displayed.

For some reason the template has the current date in it and does not say
00:00:00 as I would have expected. What am I doing wrong?
--

Many thanks
JD