Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Increasing Outline Numbering Levels

I believe you can restart numbering after Level 1 even if Heading 1 is
unnumbered (no need to format the numbering as Hidden).

http://word.mvps.org

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Does heading 1 appear before each heading 2 change, but is unnumbered,
that
is you do not want a number to show? If so, redo your numbering scheme so
it
includes heading 1 with its number formatted as hidden (& no tab or space
after the number); then set heading 2 to restart after heading 1.

I'm not sure that the 1.01.01 format is possible. Well it's possible, but
at
ten, it would look like 1.010.01 or some such.

PamC

Mary Sauer wrote:
See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

I have need to creat the following outlined number style list

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks