Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deb RW Deb RW is offline

Default AutoCorrect in Office 2007

I'm having a similar problem, Jay. Re-installed Office 2007 on a new laptop,
and all the additional Auto Corrects I added on the old machine are missing.
I see the *.acl files on the new laptop - they're distributed among about 15
locations. They exist on my old hard drive in about the same number of
locations.

I tried using the Add-In macro you posted for Office 2007, but my system
wouldn't read the macro, even when I lowered my security to accept all macros.

If I can just copy the files containing .acl files from my old to my new
hard drive ... where, specifically, should I place them?

Thanks in advance!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:35:01 -0700, Misha
wrote:

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TWlzaGE=?=,

I have three computers €€œ 2 desktops and a laptop, running Office 2007
Professional. The built-in Auto correct entries appear in Desktop 1, but not
on Desktop 2 and the laptop. All I get on the latter is a list of the symbols
in Word. For instance, on Desktop 1 €˜teh€„¢ will change to €˜the€„¢, but not so on
the other two because the built-in list of words is absent. How can I get
these to appear?
Custom additions are OK.

How about in Excel or Powerpoint, are the entries missing there, as well?

AutoCorrect is stored in *.acl files. It sounds like it wasn't installed, or has gone
missing.

How about repairing the installation of Office 2007 on those machines?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

I tried the repair to no avail. The entries appear in PowerPoint but not Excel, and in Access the option is greyed out on ALL three computers.

Is there a way of copying the .acl files from one computer to the others.
Where are they installed? I did a search for*.acl on the computer that has
the entries, but came up with a blank.
Thanks

Your search didn't find them because they're in a hidden folder, and by default
the search doesn't include hidden folders. You should be able to see them by
entering this in the address bar of the file manager:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Office

An alternative is to export the entries from one computer and import them on the
others, using the add-in that you can download from
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utocorrect.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman