Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMW DMW is offline

Default Styles, formation and the normal template Word 2003

How does one create a "document template" that uses defined styles but does
not become corrupted from the normal template of others that need to review
the document?

I've read everything about creating styles (they are stored in the
"normal.dot") and I've gone as far as to create my own "normal.doc" with
styles that work for me, (and the docs that I need to create), but as soon as
someone else needs to use or review that document, their "normal.doc" (that
is usually incredibly corrupted) screws everything up.

If I use the function in word to limit the document to specific styles, it
is too restrictive. Suggestions please, it shouldn't be this hard!
Thanks

DMW