Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I scan from Word 2000

It has been a while since I have used Word 2000, but I suspect this function
was placed by your scanner software. In any case the method shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm can be used to restore the
scanner function (though the dialogs are different in Word 2007).

Ron R. wrote:
My scanner was recognized by Word 2000 and there was a button under
"file" that read "acquire" and it would automatically scan what I had
in my scanner then open the results in Word. I had to "scrub" my
hard drive and re-install everything but now Word does not give me
the "acquire" option under "file". I have no idea how that linkage
came about or what I have to do to re-establish it.