Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CoastalDaze CoastalDaze is offline

Default Formatting issues

This is the default setting for Word 2007 which allows the user to be aware
of hidden information within their document by opening the document in Final
Showing Markup (Review tab). It is a security feature to prevent sending
someone a document with sensitive information embedded.

In our case, all our documents contain at least one hidden comment. It may
open in this mode for other reasons (such as Tracked Changes, etc.).

If it is desirable to always open in Final perform the following:

Click the following
Office Logo
Word Options at bottom of dialog box
Trust Center in left panel
Trust Center Settings button right hand side
Privacy Settings in left panel
Under "Document-specific Settings"
Uncheck "Make hidden markup visible when opening and saving."

Just be cautious when sending outside your company. May want to run
document inspection before sending.

Office Logo
Prepare
Inspect Document

--
People may forget what you say,
they rarely forget how you made them feel.

Thanks,
Dazed

"DBS Consulting" wrote:

I am having a problem with formating documents created in an older version of
Word to 2007. Everytime I bring up an older document it immediately pushes
everything to the left and places a gray rectangular box on the right side of
the page. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.