Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martin P

Default How do I delete duplicate entries in a Word document?

When you have the values in Excel, you can go to Data, Filter, Advanced
Filter. Select Unique Records.
Here is another way.
Suppose you have addresses in cells A2 to A7, with some of them duplicate
entries.
In cell C2 enter =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A2=$A2)) and copy to C2:C7.
In cell D2 enter =IF(C2=1,A2,"") and copy to D27.
"ayesha" wrote:

thank you so much martin, thats very helpful- if I were to copy and paste the
data into excel, how do I then delete duplicate entries - many thanks for
considering

"Martin P" wrote:

It will be easier to identify the duplicate entries if you make the list
alphabetical. It is possible to remove duplicate entries via Excel as well.

"ayesha" wrote:

I have a large word document with lots of email addresses, many of which are
duplicate entries- how do I delete these repeat entries without having to
rely on the ControlF function?