Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bw-fl bw-fl is offline

Default Word 2003: Questions About the Horizontal Ruler

I just started using Word 2003, and notice a couple of things that
seem to be different than my previous version of Word.

On the horizontal ruler, which is set for inches, there are seven
"hash marks" between each number on the ruler. When I drop a tab
symbol on the ruler, or move the indent symbols, they line up with the
inch numbers and with hash marks 2, 4, and 6, but they do not line up
with hash marks 1, 3, 5, and 7. Is that the way the ruler works, or is
there a setting that will fix it?

Also, IIRC, in my previous version of Word, clicking anywhere inside a
document displayed a vertical line showing that position along the
ruler. Is there a setting that will activate that line?

Thanks for any suggestions.