Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Dating in documents

In your template, use the CreateDate field. The template will then show the
date the template was created. But when you open a new document based on the
template, the CreateDate will show the date the document was created. This
should never change.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Craig" wrote in message
I use Microsoft word (2003 office) templates for writing letters and
faxes.
Those documents automatically update to the current date. I like that.

But. whenever I open those documents later, the date changes again to the
current date.
Then, I have no idea when those documents were created. That is very
frustrating.

Please advise me how not to change the date after saving.

TIA. Craig