Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chipwap chipwap is offline

Default Word 2007 Rotate printing for landscape pages

Hmmm. This has been a pet-peeve of mine since the beginning of time (well,
since the beginning of Microsoft Word) on many different printers. A
landscape oriented Table will print with the top on the right-hand side of an
8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. This is a clockwise rotation. I guess I probably
need to continue to manually rotate the page after printing.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Y2hpcHdhcA==?=,

But
when this page is printed, I want it rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise,
not 90 degrees clockwise. This results in an output for a table or graph
that is easier to read in a bound document and this orientation is the
industry standard for technical documents, i.e., with the top of the graph or
table to the left side of the document, when holding the page vertically.

Interesting. In every version of Word, on every machine I've ever used, rotating
counter-clockwise has been the default. Including Word 2007 (I just tested to be
absolutely sure).

Could this be an issue with your printer driver? If you try changing it to the
"industry standard" HP laserjet III do you see anything different?

Or might you have some kind of right-to-left commands in force?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)