Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge to Email with Attachments. Help with D. Robbins' artic

2. Then I started my merge document and choose "Directory" as the type. I
continued creating the merge document as usual and never saw the table,
even
after merging to the directory document.

Suppose you want the same attachment for each merge. Then in your mail merge
main document in the "Setup" phase, you need to create a one-row, two column
table (i.e. so you have two cells).

In the first cell, put the mergefield that gets the e-mail address from the
data source.

In the second cell, put the pathname of the attachment.

Don't put anything else in the mail merge main document (no extra paragraph
marks before or after the table).

Do the merge, and you should end up with a table.

Your case may be more complicated if you have variable attachments or more
attachments per merge, but that's the general idea.

Peter Jamieson
"K. Walker" wrote in message
I have reviewed the different responses to the issue of including
attachments
in a mail merge and have tried the steps in Doug Robbins article. I
never
get the table mentioned in the article. These are the steps Ive taken:

1. In VBA, I chose Tools References... Then I clicked Microsoft Outlook
12.0 Object Library. I went back to make sure there was still a check
mark
and of course there was.

2. Then I started my merge document and choose "Directory" as the type. I
continued creating the merge document as usual and never saw the table,
even
after merging to the directory document.

If I understand correctly I don't run the Macro until after step two. I
never get to this step because I never get the table. What am I doing
wrong?
I've tried it with Office 2002 and 2007.