Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Merwyn Merwyn is offline

Default Label Mail Merge doesn't print first line on each page

Thanks Doug, Great idea. I will give that a shot tonite and let you know how
it goes...

Merwyn

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What happens if you print onto ordinary paper? Many printers do a poor job
of accurately handling label stock.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Merwyn" wrote in message

Hello,

I have been working trying to print 1000 4013 labels to my Epson LQ-590
with Word 2003 for a couple of weeks now with limited success. Currently
when
I print the labels with the configuration below my results are that the
first
line printed on each page (every 12 labels) is not printed. It just give a
weird looking line like it missed all but the bottom of the line contents.
Then when it goes to the next page (12 labels), it prints the same line
and
doesn't advance to the top of the label. So every 12 labels the print is
off
1 line. Below I have attached the configuration of my printer, the form
(tcc_labels) I set up as noted in a previous persons append, the printer
Server panel, the printer properties, and then the print options I used on
the mail merge process.

I did try to add some top margin space (.14) and got the first line
correct but that then skipped 12 labels or 2 labels at the end of each
page
(not sure why the behavior was different).

I would very much appreciate any thoughts you have on how I can fix my
settings to get the first line appearing and not having it skip labels
during
the print!

Thank-you so much for your thoughts
Merwyn

I tried to append screen captures of these config setting but could not
figure out how to append an image...sorry

Printer Configuration from Epson config program
Highliting the printer and selecting Print Server under the file menu
Highliting the printer and selecting properties:
Label Options in Words mail merge:
Details form above selected:
Printer Panel after print is selected:
Print options after the Word mail merge and then selecting print
Printer Properties

Merwyn